Fall 2023 Season
Join the Syracuse Community Choir this Fall!
The Syracuse Community Choir is a community of people who come together to sing songs of peace and social justice. We educate each other and the Greater Syracuse community about social, political, and environmental issues. We believe that everyone can sing and every voice matters. We’d love for you and your voice to join our choir.
This season, we will focus on the theme “Joy as Resistance”. We rehearse every Wednesday night in preparation for a Winter Solstice Concert on December 16, 2023.
- No try-outs! All ages and abilities are welcome.
- Hybrid rehearsals: In-person (masks required) & virtual on Zoom.
- Sliding scale donations for rehearsals. No one turned away for lack of funds.
- Transportation and childcare available. (Contact: Shanah 315.880.1796)
- Inclusive and accessible space. Please let us know when registering if you have questions or require accommodations.
- Invite your friends/family to sing with us.
To receive our weekly emails, sign up for our Listserv using this contact form: syracusecommunitychoir.org/contact/
Fall 2023 Season Schedule:
Adult/Main Choir Rehearsals: Register for Fall 2023
Zoom link (Wednesday nights 7-9PM): https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8565231977?pwd=VjA1OEFBNU9CZUh1MDZYZTV2ZU9nQT09
- Oct. 18, 7-9 PM at Grace Episcopal Church: “Joy as Resistance” Singing in Community – Fall Season Info – New Members Welcome
- Oct. 25 to Dec. 13, 7-9 PM (No rehearsal Nov. 22): Adult/Main Choir Rehearsals
- New members can join until Nov. 8
Teen/Young Adult Choir Rehearsals: Register for Fall 2023
For folks ages 13-30ish. Every Thursday 6:30 – 8 PM at Women’s Information Center (601 Allen St. Syracuse 13210)
- Starting Oct. 26 Singing Social (w/ pizza)
Children’s Choir Rehearsals: Register for Fall 2023
For children ages 4-12 years old. Every Wednesday after school until 5 PM at Women’s Information Center (601 Allen St. Syracuse 13210)
- Starting Oct. 25
Winter Solstice Concert:
- Saturday, December 16, 7-9:30 PM at University United Methodist Church (1085 E Genesee St, Syracuse)
- Saturday, December 9th, 10AM-1PM: Saturday rehearsal with musicians, guests, and all choirs at Grace Church
- Friday, December 15th @ 7PM: Dress rehearsal at University Methodist Church
COVID safety protocols:
- N95, kn95, or equivalent-level masks are required at rehearsals (the choir will provide for those who don’t have one). *Presenters/conductors will not be required to wear a mask and there will be rare exceptions for people who won’t be required to wear masks (contact Karen Mihalyi: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We are no longer requiring vaccination in order to attend rehearsal. We strongly encourage everyone to take a rapid test before attending rehearsal and will provide tests for those who need one.
- Social distancing is encouraged. We ask anyone experiencing symptoms to stay home.